Practical first steps for giving families a breakJack Layton is in Toronto today unveiling the New Democrat platform – a practical, affordable plan to give families a break.
Unlike the other parties, we will act immediately, with commitments to action in 5 key areas, all within 100 days of the election:
- Hire more family doctors and nurses.
- Strengthen public pensions.
- Kick-start job creation by cutting small business taxes and offering targeted tax credits for companies that hire in Canada.
- Help out the family budget by capping credit card fees, taking the federal sales tax off home heating and unlocking cell phones.
- Commit to working with other parties to end the scandals and fix Ottawa for good.
Donate to the Abbotsford campaign: https://secure.ndp.ca/riding/index.php?riding=59001&language=e